Artikel di bawah ini disiarkan dalam TheStar Online pada 20 April 2008. Saya harap para pembaca akan mendapat maklumat tambahan bagi membantu urusan anda semua.
IF you face any discrepancy or dissatisfaction from your insurance company or takaful operator, there are different avenues where you can complain:
# You should first submit your complaint to the Complaints Unit of your insurance company or Takaful operator.
# If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint resolution, you can submit your complaint either to the General Insurance Association of Malaysia (PIAM) Complaints Action Bureau (CAB) or Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM). The Complaints Unit should advise you on the next proper avenue to deal with your complaint.
# When forwarding your complaint to CAB or BNM, attach a copy of the decision letter of the insurance company or takaful operator.
# To allow your complaint to be handled effectively you need to:
1. Make your complaint in writing.
2. State essential information of your case clearly (stating name of insurance company or takaful operator).
3. Structure your complaint in a sensible order and include relevant dates and reference numbers (e.g. policy number and vehicle registration number, and also your contact address and telephone numbers).
4. Attach copies of the relevant documents and keep the originals, and keep a copy of your complaint letter for reference. You can forward your complaints to:
1. Bank Negara Malaysia Corporate Communications Department
Address: Laman Informasi Nasihat dan Khidmat (BNMLINK), (Walk-in Customer Service Centre),
Ground Floor, D Block, Jalan Dato’ Onn,
50480 Kuala Lumpur. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 1-300-88-5465
2. PIAM Complaints Action Bureau
Address: PIAM Complaints Action Bureau,
Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia,
3rd Floor, Wisma PIAM, 150, Jalan Tun Sambanthan,
50470 Kuala Lumpur. Email: email@example.com